Want an indulgent takeaway that you can make at home, that tastes just as good? My slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe is healthy and incredibly easy to make. This fakeaway recipe will allow you to toss all the ingredients into your slow cooker, forget about it for a few hours, and return with delight to find your dinner prepared.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through any of my links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The slow cooker recipe with chicken thighs, an ingredient I have only been using for the last year or so. I always thought I did not like them, but in a dish like this, the meat falls apart and is succulent. I love slow cooker recipes that have no prep and that are healthy. There’s nothing better coming home after work, or a day exploring, to the warming smell of a beloved Indian fakeaway.
Fakeaway recipes slow cooker UK:
So, what will you need to make the slow cooker chicken curry recipe? Of course, a slow cooker is essential, and it is always recommended that you pre-heat it before you start assembling the ingredients.
Slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe UK
Serves 4 large portions
Do not let the number of ingredients put you off. It looks scarier than it actually is, and you will have the majority of the herbs and condiments in your store cupboard staples.
- 4-6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Onion, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp of tikka powder or paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Ginger, chopped or grated
- 500ml passata
- Chicken or vegetable stock pot
- Tbsp tomato puree
- Tbsp malt vinegar
- Tbsp of light brown soft sugar or granulated sweetener
- Cinnamon stick
- 4 tbsp light double cream
- Sweet potato, cubed
- Butternut squash, cubed
- Frozen spinach cubes
- Fresh or frozen cauliflower or broccoli (or both)
- Pre-heat your slow cooker. See your manufactures recommendations.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the cream to the pot.
- Replace the lid and cook for 4-5 hours on high, or 6-7 hours on low.
- Add the cream, and cook for another 10-15 minutes until hot.
- Divide and serve with rice, chips and Indian accompaniments such as naan bread and onion bhajis.
It can be frozen and reheated if you are batch cooking as long as the chicken has not been previously frozen. You also need to freeze before adding the cream. It is recommended that you only keep it for up to 3 months. Make sure you use freezer-proof food storage containers.
Slow cooker recipe Slimming World
I follow Slimming World* and this chicken tikka masala recipe is definitely ideal for a healthy eating lifestyle. Ditch the takeaway and tuck into this easy to make. Fakeaway recipes on Slimming World are really popular. The slow cooker chicken curry recipe is Syn free if you do not use the cream, and is 2 Syns if using the cream. Check out my Slimming World journey.
* The slow cooker tikka masala recipe is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World. Every effort has been made to give you the correct Syns and information, but I would encourage you to double-check these for yourself.